Leder Gris Water Repellent wax Military Brown 80g
Leder Gris® is a waterproof wax for use in tough wet conditions it is a mixture of 70% wax and 30% oil. It has been developed for everyday use in average UK conditions. The wax provides waterproofing, as it dries – it remains on or just below the surface. The oil goes deeper into the leather, and helps to maintain the leather’s suppleness by replacing leather oils lost during the drying out process. If leather oils are not replaced, then boots will be more likely to show signs of flex cracking earlier.
Leder-Gris® Original Key Features:
• Waterproof wax for use in tough wet conditions
• Medium oil content: restorative levels of leather oils are average
• Medium wax content: waxes are a mixture of synthetic bees waxes – content is average
• Regular use: Leder-Gris® Original can be used regularly – it will not over-soften, or damage leather if used excessively.
• INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF LEDER-GRIS®
o Brush in Leder-Gris® when the boots are almost dry
o Use the brush to work, and drive the wax oil into the leather
o Always treat with Leder-Gris® before storage
o All leather will eventually show signs of cracking where the boot flexes. Treatment with Leder-Gris® will slow down the rate at which this cracking will occur.
o Drying boots too quickly will harden the leather and accelerate flex cracking – rapid drying may also shrink the boot and alter the fitting.
• DRYING LEATHER WHEN WET
o Never dry quickly
o Never dry near heat
o Never dry, or leave in sunlight
o Never force dry in any way
o Drying boots too quickly can shrink them – if you’re in a very hot climate, cover the boots with a damp cloth to slow down the rate of moisture evaporation
o Always let boots dry naturally in a cool place
• Not tested on animals
• Keep out of reach of children – if swallowed, seek medical advice
• Avoid contact with eyes and mouth
*Note – Use of Leder-Gris® may darken the colour of the leather